Welcome to “A Location-Flexible Life!” I’m Nicole Hennig and I hope you will enjoy this blog!
It’s been my dream for several years to have the flexibility to live in different locations by doing all of my work online. 2013 is the year that I started to make that dream a reality.
Here are some topics I plan to write about (in no particular order):
- researching places to live worldwide
- research places to live in the U.S.
- technology tips & useful gadgets
- health care
- “travel hacking”
- making friends in new locations
- staying in touch with people back home
- Internet access
- healthy life: food, exercise, less stress
- choosing which projects to work on
- bags & luggage
- finding furnished apartments
- Skype & Google Voice
- mobile phone plans
- getting rid of stuff
- house sitting
- courage to leave your job
- language learning
- building communities of friends in multiple places
- money: banking, savings, getting paid
- my philosophy: “life is a beta”
More about me
I was a digital nomad from 2013 – 2018. Now I’m an e-learning developer (Univ. of Arizona Libraries) and an independent UX professional, helping librarians & educators effectively use new technologies. Author of Keeping Up with Emerging Technologies and Apps for Librarians: Using the Best Mobile Technology to Educate, Create, and Engage. Learn more at nicolehennig.com.
I hope to try working from different locations again sometime in the future. More likely as an expat than a nomad (now that I’m married and have a cat!)