It’s been quite a while since I wrote on this blog! Finally I’m back to writing (and in Brattleboro, Vermont for the holidays). In the summer and fall of 2016 I had a very enjoyable five months in Brattleboro (June through October), with frequent short trips to Boston. My closest friends live here — they are family to me and we’ve spent our Christmas holidays together since the late 80s. It’s really great to live where you have a community of friends you love and know well. Continue reading “A digital nomad in Vermont & Tucson: good friends and the joys of coworking”
Last year was an exciting year because I lived in so many interesting places.
- 5 months: January-May in Tucson, AZ.
- 1 month: June (my vacation month). About a week each with friends in Seattle, San Francisco, Omaha, Boston, and Martha’s Vineyard.
- 3 months: July-September in Budapest, Hungary.
- 2 months: October-November: Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- 1 month: December. Visiting friends in San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, and Brattleboro, Vermont.
It was fun to live in so many places, including those where I don’t speak the language (Hungary and Thailand). After such an adventurous year, I felt the need to chill out and relax a bit by staying in the U.S. Continue reading “Building communities of friends as a digital nomad”
People often ask me which of the places I’ve lived I like best — so I thought it would be fun to do a roundup. This is totally subjective. Some of these places I was only in for 10 days, others for six months — but I’ll give you my thoughts anyway.
(Prepare for a long post with lots of photos — you may want to take a break while the page loads, then come back to read it).
Things I look for when choosing a place: Continue reading “Places I’ve lived as a digital nomad”