It’s been quite a while since I wrote on this blog! Finally I’m back to writing (and in Brattleboro, Vermont for the holidays). In the summer and fall of 2016 I had a very enjoyable five months in Brattleboro (June through October), with frequent short trips to Boston. My closest friends live here — they are family to me and we’ve spent our Christmas holidays together since the late 80s. It’s really great to live where you have a community of friends you love and know well. Continue reading “A digital nomad in Vermont & Tucson: good friends and the joys of coworking”
Last year was an exciting year because I lived in so many interesting places.
- 5 months: January-May in Tucson, AZ.
- 1 month: June (my vacation month). About a week each with friends in Seattle, San Francisco, Omaha, Boston, and Martha’s Vineyard.
- 3 months: July-September in Budapest, Hungary.
- 2 months: October-November: Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- 1 month: December. Visiting friends in San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, and Brattleboro, Vermont.
It was fun to live in so many places, including those where I don’t speak the language (Hungary and Thailand). After such an adventurous year, I felt the need to chill out and relax a bit by staying in the U.S. Continue reading “Building communities of friends as a digital nomad”
If you’re a digital nomad, you know that Chiang Mai is one of the most popular destinations for nomads to work and live. A very low cost of living, combined with modern amenities and tasty Thai food are some of the reasons digital nomads come here. And because it’s so popular, many groups have formed for socializing and networking. Continue reading “October and November in Chiang Mai as a digital nomad”